I just can’t seem to get enough of apples lately, but it’s that time of year and I say why not! Apples are good for you, they taste amazing and there’s so many ways to cook or bake them. So I wanted to make a fairly simple yet yummy Apple Cake, and below is both the step by step written recipe and a video to show you my process!
Butter (for greasing the pan)
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup canola oil
2 tbs orange juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 apples (pealed, quartered and sliced)
1 tbs cinnamon + 5 tbs sugar (mixed together)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour a Nonstick 9′ Springform Pan, tapping out any excess flour.
- In one bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and stir with a whisk until well blended.
- In another bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, orange juice and vanilla. I used an electrical mixer for about 5-7 minutes. Add the flour mixture and mix just until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan.
- In a bowl, toss the sliced apples with the cinnamon-sugar mixture until well-coated.
- Arrange the apples all the way around the edge of the cake so that the rounded side of the slices are standing up and the pointed end of each slice is pressed into the batter. Following the same method, make additional inner rows of apples until the entire top of the batter is filled with apples.
- Bake the cake for 1-1½ hours or until a stick inserted into the center of the cake comes out dry.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack for about 30 minutes, then release the cake from the springform (use a knife around the sides of the cake if necessary to loosen it from the pan).
- Cool the cake completely and dust with confectioner’s sugar before serving.
If you end up finding this post inspiring or fun, please give this post a like and leave a comment! I’m still new to this blogger community and welcome all sorts of feedback!