I absolutely love doing these types of projects, because it reminds me of my grandmother and how she used to pickle jars on top of jars this time of year (or actually earlier in the fall). She would also make different sorts of jams and other fun things for the winter.
I decided to not only pickle the typical cucumbers and onions that I usually do, but to add some other fun veggies like carrots, cauliflower and radishes.
The recipe for this is EXTREMELY EASY!
- Peal if necessary and chop the veggies you want to pickle. Place them into each jar up to the top.
- Blend the spices you want to use, I basically did 1 table spoon of mixture per jar. Equal amounts of each spice; pepper corn, mustard seeds, caraway, cumin and some coriander.
- Boil about 1 cup of water + 1 cup of white vinegar + 1 table spoon of salt per jar.
- Once the liquid is boiling take it off the stove and pour into the jar that already has your veggies and spices in them.
- Close the lid tightly, let the jars sit on the counter for a bit to cool off and then put them in your fridge for 2-3 weeks.
For more updates and other pictures follow me on instagram @whipitwithval.