Found this video recipe on Instagram and though it was so freakin’ cute that I had to try it for myself. Super easy to make and tastes really good, add some ice cream on the side if you’re not quite that much of a health freak (guilty lol!).
- First you want to slice the top part of the apple off, and scoop out the inside of the apple until it’s pretty hollow and has about 1/2 inch of outer apple left. I used my melon baller.
- With the scooped out apples (remove the seeds and center part) mix together 1/3 cup of butter (room temperature), 2 table spoons of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Place that mixture back into the hollowed out apples.
- Make your own pie crust, or buy a ready made one (guilty again!). Make equally thick strips of the pie crust and bread them into this pattern or any other pattern you would like. Place on top of each apple.
- Wisp one egg and coat the pie crust with it and sprinkle some brown sugar on top.
- Place in the oven on 395 degrees for about 25-30 minutes, until the crust is light brown and ready. Voila – ready to eat!
For more updates and other pictures follow me on instagram @whipitwithval